If your iPhone’s battery has worn down to the point where it needs to be replaced, one concern you may have about this process is data loss. Some have experienced battery replacements in the past where their phone’s data was lost during the process, and they’ll naturally want to avoid this in the future.
At FixIT Mobile, we’re happy to help with several areas of phone repair, including many that relate to your battery. We’ve assisted many clients with battery replacements that leave their data intact, and we’ll do the same for you if this is a need. Here’s a primer on signs you may need a new battery, plus how to go about this process without risking data loss.
Signs of Battery Replacement Need
There are a few telltale signs your iPhone battery may be wearing down and requires replacement:
- Unexpected shutdowns: Your phone may unexpectedly shut down, even when it seems like there’s plenty of battery life remaining.
- Slow charging: It takes longer than usual to charge your iPhone, or the battery drains quickly after being charged.
- Dim screen: The display on your iPhone is dimmer than usual, even when the brightness is turned all the way up.
- Works only when plugged in: If your phone only works when it’s plugged in and won’t hold a charge, this is a sign the battery needs to be replaced.
Will Replacing the Battery Risk Data Loss?
Generally speaking, data loss during battery replacement is uncommon — but it can happen. One way to avoid this is by backing up your iPhone before taking it in for repair. This gives you a current backup of your data that you can restore if necessary.
To back up your iPhone, connect it to a power source and Wi-Fi network, then follow these steps:
- Open Settings and tap your name at the top of the screen.
- Tap iCloud, then scroll down and tap iCloud Backup.
- Toggle iCloud Backup on, then tap Back Up Now.
The backup process may take a while, so be patient. Once it’s finished, your data will be securely stored in the cloud.
Professional Battery Replacement
For ultimate peace of mind when replacing your iPhone battery, entrust the job to a professional. The certified technicians at FixIT Mobile have the training and experience needed to get the job done right, without risking data loss. We’ve seen too many issues where clients attempted their own repairs and ended up losing valuable data in the process — and we don’t want to see this happen to you. We can also recycle your old battery properly, so you don’t have to worry about it ending up in a landfill.
For more on data protection when replacing your iPhone battery, or to learn about any of our phone repair, tablet repair, computer repair or other services, speak to the team at FixIT Mobile today.